So, I'm starting a blog. (the word "blog still sound ridiculous to me. I mean, I'm all for creative naming (no more of this "Battle of 1879" stuff) but the guy who made up the word "blog" (Jorn Barger, according to a quick internet search) apparently didn't take into account the fact that now we all have to go around saying it.)
I'm not entirely certain why I'm starting a blog. I suppose the general idea is to have a place to record my generally fairly scattered thoughts, which I would do in a notebook were I not a. a painfully slow handwriter and b. destined to lose it almost immediately. I also want to get into the practice of writing something every day; I often find writing hard, and I think this is a fairly doable in-between for getting comfortable with writing while not being overly hard to do. Besides, blogs, (besides the ridiculous name) seem to just be the civilized way to do it nowadays. (though they lack a certain something in soul and charm (ooh, and smellability!))
So, anyway, I don't really expect anybody to actually read this, but that's probably good, because it will hopefully help me avoid laboring overmuch about the details of what I write. If you are reading this, that's cool too, I guess. Anyway, I guess I'll see how it goes. It's entirely possible I'll end up forgetting about it and never write another post, but it could work well, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment